Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Springtime

It's hot. Yesterday my reaction was, I should get to the beach today. Except there is no beach to get to. So, the park instead, with rolled up trousers like everybody. But the feeling of hot sun on skin, and a perfect blue sky, after months of cold - priceless.

We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday to Notting Hill market, although we'll be keeping to our Ladbroke Grove end from now on, except for the German hotdog stand halfway down for the most delicious, juicy chicken burgers. Sunday was the Brick Lane area, for more market browsing and sooo-good Polish smoked sausage hotdogs, with Indian snacks on the way home. London is a picnicers paradise.

The weather is warm, the days are long and we love sitting in our little garden with a bottle of sauv blanc and nibbles. I'm dreaming of Ibiza sometime over the summer - it has to happen. And I'm hungry for Italy, although different places pull me on different moods. I miss Palermo, I want Rome, and I remember last year in Tuscany, on the back of S's motorbike, lunch of silky pasta near Montepulciano, the cold water and hot skin at the seaside.

4 comments:

Cooks said...

see! another reason you should have stayed here. than you could have gone to the beach with me yesterday ;-)

Jules said...

Oh that's so nice! We're going to Brighton tomorrow, can't wait!

surfercam said...

Enjoy the nice weather while it lasts!

Mabs said...

Have a fabulous weekend in Brighton! Your last unemployed weekend :)

Definitely drinks soon but I'm sick as a dog at the moment. A week or two I should be fine but right now, I should not be at work.

Cooks - We'll have to catch up when you're here! Foodie tour of London, you girls can feed me properly :)